News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Sat 11th May 2019 1:33am   Last edited on Fri 17th May 2019 7:37pm

Anonymous

Just Ordinary

What if you're just an ordinary person?  Not a genius, not an inventor, not an entrepreneur, not someone with exceptional talent, but just your average, ordinary person.  Because that's who I am.  Just average.  Since I have no superpower to speak of and I never had children, does that mean I have no legacy to leave behind too?  What can ordinary people do to leave their mark on the world?  Maybe it shouldn't matter to me, but it does.

Added on Mon 13th May 2019 1:48am   Last edited on Mon 13th May 2019 1:48am

Amanda Conti

Since we are just ordinary people, it's probably okay that we leave behind ordinary stuff: small gestures of love or things we do to make people happy. I believe your friends and family members would love to have something--anything--from you to remember.

I hope I can leave behind the best parts of me for people to remember.

Added on Fri 17th May 2019 7:37pm   Last edited on Fri 17th May 2019 7:37pm

Helena P.

I have this idea, that in the end what truly matters is not the extraordinary achievement or the supernatural skill. That is for the books. When I think about a friend or a loved one I recall pleasant experiences we shared, something funny they said, or more subtle details like the way they walk. For sure I'm not focusing on their CV! So I try to imagine it the other way around: I want to be remembered by the people who love me. I want them to smile thinking about me. Of course, if I can also do my part to make this world a better place, great, but that's just the icing on the cake.