News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Sun 23rd Dec 2018 10:04am   Last edited on Sat 5th Jan 2019 8:24am

Janet H.

Hello!

I've been reading your forum and would like to join in.  I'm Janet and I have what's called the third stage of vascular dementia.  I never knew there were so many types of dementia until I was diagnosed.  I likely brought this on myself.  I smoked like a chimney before I became a Jehovah's Witness in my later years.  All that smoking lead to blood clots and minor strokes.  So, here I am.  I count myself lucky though.  I live in assisted living and I like it.  I've made friends here.  The care is good and I get some privacy. We go on outings.  My family visits often.  I just wanted to say hello to the forum.

Added on Tue 25th Dec 2018 9:59am   Last edited on Tue 25th Dec 2018 9:59am

David Levey

Hi Janet, 

welcome and it is great that you have joined us. Sounds like you are kept very busy with trips and family visits. 

Happx Christmas - hope you have a great day. 

Added on Fri 28th Dec 2018 3:42pm   Last edited on Fri 28th Dec 2018 3:42pm

Randall Green

Welcome to the forum, Janet H!  I've posted messages on the message board and I've shared an entry in my life journal, but this is my first time posting in the forum.  Like you, I lurked around for a bit first.  I'm glad to hear that you're happy where you live because I've considered going into residential care when my disease progresses to where I can no longer care for myself.  I've been weary though after hearing nothing but negative stories, so it's a relief to know it's not all bad. 

Added on Thu 3rd Jan 2019 7:25am   Last edited on Thu 3rd Jan 2019 7:25am

Avery Taylor

Hi, Janet and Randall. I'm also new to this area. I've been using the message board for a while, so I decided to try something new today while I still can. It always inspires me to see positive comments on this site. It helps me to build my own positivity and fight for the day.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you all have a great holiday!

Added on Sat 5th Jan 2019 8:24am   Last edited on Sat 5th Jan 2019 8:24am

Janet H.

Thanks David, Randall, and Avery for welcoming me to the group.  Randall and Avery, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is dipping her toes in the water for the first time here.  I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.  Randall, you can find some wonderful living facilities and some not so good ones.  I like where I'm at.  You need to do your research before picking one.  Definitely check with the proper overseeing agencies to see if they've had violations.  If you have any questions, you can always private message me.  I'm happy to help you.