News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Tue 8th Jan 2019 6:27pm   Last edited on Thu 17th Jan 2019 7:54pm

Andrew Chang

Allowing others to read/view messages?

Has anyone here allowed any friends or family to see the HeartPrints youve created, whether its through reading text, looking through photos, or watching video recordings?  My wife has asked to see them all (not just hers or our daughters) and Im not sure how I feel about it.  If the shoe was on the other foot, Im sure Id ask to view things too.  Just wondering if anyone has shared.

Added on Thu 10th Jan 2019 5:00pm   Last edited on Thu 10th Jan 2019 5:00pm

Anonymous

In order to keep things peaceful, I allowed my stepdaughter's biological mother to read the messages I created for her.  I felt funny about it to tell you the truth, but my stepdaughter is only eight years old, so I can understand why her mother was concerned.  She just wanted to know what I'd said, so she'd be prepared if my step-daughter brought it up later on.  It was an awkward moment to share my heart and soul with my husband's ex, but she hugged me and thanked me for it.  I guess it's a case by case basis.  At this point, I don't think anyone else needs a preview of my messages.

Added on Sat 12th Jan 2019 7:58am   Last edited on Sat 12th Jan 2019 8:03am

Randall Green

I think that allowing others to peek at my HeartPrints, especially those messages that aren't meant for them, would take away some of the specialness. Think about it from the receiver's perspective.  You're sad that your loved one is gone, but you also feel relieved to know that they created a HeartPrint just for you.  It's filled with words of wisdom and love, in a video recording that was crafted with you in mind.  It feels great to keep that connection open, even though your loved one has passed.  Well, imagine finding out that a relative or family friend has already previewed what was supposed to be a very personal and private message to you.  It's just not the same.  I think group messages are okay if that's how you wish to set it up.  I also think it's fine if the receiver wants to share the message after they've seen it first. All of our situations are different and there's no right or wrong answer really.  It's just not something I'd feel comfortable doing. 

Added on Thu 17th Jan 2019 7:54pm   Last edited on Thu 17th Jan 2019 7:54pm

Janet H.

I have vascular dementia.  I think the service offered here is easy to use.  I can still handle a computer and tablet.  I just have a hard time remembering how to handle my new microphone.  I added it to make my voice clearer.  I just need a little help from my family or from the hospice nurses when I'm going to record.  I don't mind if they hear and see my messages.  I am thankful anyone wants to help.  I enjoy leaving memories and guidance behind.  Maybe your wife just wants to help you, Andrew.